Is NOW the time to buy?
With the recent statistics indicating that the average sales price is around $500,000 and inventory is half what it was a year ago, many buyers are questioning whether now is a good time to buy.
There are many great reasons to buy when you see the house that is right for you. Here are a few of them:
1) Interest rates are below 3%. This will not last forever!
2) Home prices may stabilize but with demand exceeding supply, the economists are not predicting any dips in the next couple of years. Homes in the Colorado Springs area have continued to increase in value steadily over the last 30 years with the exception of the recession years. During those years prices dipped temporarily but quickly regained any losses.
3) You may be spending more money maintaining an existing house than you like. For example, perhaps your children no longer live at home - do you really want to spend the time, energy and money it requires to maintain a larger home?
4) Contracting now on a new home that won't be ready for 8 to 12 months can save you future dollars. Prices will most likely continue to rise for new construction as the cost of land, construction materials, etc. rise.
5) Rents are increasing dramatically - don't throw your money away.
The short answer is that the right time to buy is when you find a home that fits your needs. We're here to help you make sense of the market and find the best value for you. Call us today!
We're here to make your search easier. Since there is no central public database for new homes, the Pikes Peak Home Team will help you save time and money by finding the new home that's perfect for you.
When you go to a builder, remember that they have the cost of your REALTOR® already factored into the sales price. Not using one leaves you unrepresented and the builder with more money.
The advantages of having us help you purchase a new home include:
We provide you with valuable insight into the new construction industry
We have spent years working with builders and have built a rapport with local builders
We help you obtain a position on the competitive builder's waitlist
We help you evaluate the relative value and benefits of new construction for your needs and goals
We help you find the right home and home builder more quickly
We negotiate the price and terms based on the market, and the quality and amenities of the property
We guide you through the process from contract to closing on a custom, semi-custom or already finished "spec" model
We represent you as your agent and advocate. The builder has a representative who watched out for his or her best interests, and you need and deserve the same expert representation watching out for yours. These transactions can be complex and the contract details must be exactly in order to protect you and to ensure that you get exactly the home you want. The Pikes Peak Home Team are your experts in new construction - call us today!
Do you need help with a Home Project?