5 Ways to Know You’re in Love with the Right Home
Finding your dream home is both an emotional process and a major commitment! As you move through your home search journey, there are a few questions you should consider to make sure the home you fall in love with is actually “the one.”
1. Is this home located in your target area? If you were to purchase this home, how long would your commute be? Does it put you too far from family or friends? Is the location going to be the right fit for your lifestyle? Even if you love everything else about a property, if it isn’t in a great location, it may not be the right place for you to settle down.
2. Does it check your “must-have” boxes? During your home search, you should make a list of non-negotiable must-haves, such as having a certain number of bedrooms or a sprawling backyard. While you may not be able to find a home that meets every single need, it can help you decide whether a property is right for you.
3. Will this home meet your needs both now and in the future? As you build your non-negotiable must-haves list, it can be easy to only consider your current needs and wants. But what about five or even ten years down the road? Purchasing a home that only fits your current lifestyle may leave you wanting more in the future!
4. Are there any potential issues you’ll need to fix? Even if everything else about the home is absolutely perfect, you’ll still want to make sure you aren’t setting yourself up for potential pricy repairs anytime soon. Be sure to check the roof, windows, HVAC, and plumbing for any signs of damage. And don’t forget to have a home inspection done so you can uncover any major issues before it’s too late.
5. Does the price fit within your budget? Love at first sight is important, but it’s also important to remember the practical side of things — and that means your budget! If the home you love falls outside of your price range, you may want to consider looking elsewhere.
Tips for Buying New Construction
We're here to make your search easier. Since there is no central public database for new homes, the Pikes Peak Home Team will help you save time and money by finding the new home that's perfect for you.
When you go to a builder, remember that they have the cost of your REALTOR® already factored into the sales price. Not using one leaves you unrepresented and the builder with more money.
The advantages of having us help you purchase a new home include:
We provide you with valuable insight into the new construction industry
We have spent years working with builders and have built a rapport with local builders
We help you obtain a position on the competitive builder's waitlist
We help you evaluate the relative value and benefits of new construction for your needs and goals
We help you find the right home and home builder more quickly
We negotiate the price and terms based on the market, and the quality and amenities of the property
We guide you through the process from contract to closing on a custom, semi-custom or already finished "spec" model
We represent you as your agent and advocate. The builder has a representative who watched out for his or her best interests, and you need and deserve the same expert representation watching out for yours. These transactions can be complex and the contract details must be exactly in order to protect you and to ensure that you get exactly the home you want. The Pikes Peak Home Team are your experts in new construction - call us today!
Do you need help with a Home Project?